* Applying aloe vera juice or gel as it helps in soothing the skin to reduce pain, redness and itchiness
* You can also apply calamine lotion
* You can apply vinegar or apple cider vinegar on you skin which acts as a great remedy for sunburn
* Keep wet towels around the affected area for 10-15 minutes several times a day to soothe the sunburn
* Wash the affected area with anti-bacterial soap to prevent any other kind of an infection
* A cool milk compress is one of the best remedies for sunburn. Dab your skin with cool whole milk for 20 minutes and the rinse it off with cool water.
* You can apply cod liver oil for sunburns
* Make a mixture of grated cucumber with milk and apply it on the sunburned skin
* Remove juice from grated potatoes to be applied on the sunburned skin. This provides good relief for sunburns
* Mix one egg white with one tsp honey and hazel. Apply this on the bruised area and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Later wash it with luke warm water.
* Including treatments for sunburns vinegar, milk, potato juice and cucumber juice can do wonders to remove your suntan.
* Add 20 drops lavender and chamomile essential oil for a cool and soothing bath
* In four ounces of water put 20 drops of calendula tincture which bids the pain goodbye.
* You can make a cool compress of baking soda, Epsom salt or witch hazel to provide relief to your burns.
* Rub bruised onions on sun burn to provide the ample relief
* Applying peppermint oil on the sunburned skin also helps in cooling the sunburn
* Pour sugarless cool mint tea on the burnt area. The tannins in the tea help in the healing process
* You can spread cucumber slices on the burn as it would provides you the needed relief
* You can soak yourself in oatmeal in tepid bath water for few minutes and then dry yourself
* To help the healing process apply the area with oil and cover it with ginger this would help in the much needed quick recovery
* A warm shower may sound weird but it sure works at this time as it increases the blood circulation
* Add 20 drops of urtica urens tincture in four ounces of water and bathe the bruised area. This would provide relief from the itchy and prickly skin sensation
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
About the Author: Kevin Pederson, the webmaster of various sites such as https://www.home-remedies-for-you.com helps you in your daily life with its simple and easy home care remedies. Overexposure to sun causes problems of sunburns to be treated by household items in our daily life.
Get more info on Itch Dr. to soothe symptoms of itching and irritated skin and to treat and relieve fungal infections like jock itch and thrush
Disclaimer: The information on Naturalmomsblog.com is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for medical advice or care. Please consult a doctor and/or naturopathic practitioner about your or your children’s condition.
If you liked this post, submit your email address below to get new posts by email: